Keep Teaching - Resource Guides
Guides for tools you may need during the transition to remote online instruction
While this is not an all-inclusive list of tools and guides available to you, below are guides to the most common questions and tools.
Additional resources pertaining to these and other tools are available at: https://confluence.uconn.edu/ikb
Collaborate Ultra – for presenting synchronous lectures, including breakout rooms, interactive whiteboard, application sharing, polling, and hand-raising feature to enhance engagement
*Please note that the Blackboard app on phones works with Collaborate but only audio and video can be used but content cannot be shared. Therefore the phone app should only be used if only talking with students and not sharing any content.
Kaltura – for recording asynchronous audio and video
- Uploading videos
- Recording videos
- Editing video information
- Editng video and creating a quiz
- Adding videos to your HuskyCT site
- Sharing videos outside HuskyCT site
Here are some instructions that are on the Confluence Knowledge Base:
HuskyCT quizzes and exams - for assessing student learning
- Setting test options
- Summary of recommended test options
- Downloading and installing Respondus
- Respondus standard format for important MCQ and TF questions
- Respondus standard format for importing other question types
- Deploying tests
- Accommodating extra time on tests
- Instructor guide to LockDown Browser
- Student guide to LockDown Browser
HuskyCT assignments - for assessing student learning through paper, projects, etc.
- Create assignment
- Ignore, clear, or give extra assignment attempts
- Assignment grading dashboard
- Grading assignment
- Downloading assigments
- Bulk downloading assignments
We can help you.
If you need technical help, there are a variety of options available to keep your class running.
For technical help (connectivity, issues logging in, course/enrollment status, etc), contact the ITS Technology Support Center.
For help with HuskyCT features or tools, Kaltura, and Collaborate, contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning’s Educational Technology department.
UConn OnLine Programs
Create your future with UConn’s online graduate programs