eCampus Online Course Support Request Process
One of eCampus' core goals is to support faculty as they develop high quality online courses that expand undergraduate learning opportunities. eCampus continuously seeks UConn faculty to design, develop, and teach online courses that meet the University's identified areas of need. Currently this need area focuses on high demand, high enrollment, General Education undergraduate courses. All interested faculty are encouraged to contact eCampus for more information prior to completing the forms found below. Please refer to the time line for specific information, dates, and deadlines.
- eCampus Online Course Support Request Form (.docx with embedded forms)
- Department Head/Program Director Approval Form for Summer Offerings (.docx)
- Department Head/Program Director Approval Form for Non-Summer Offerings (Fall, Spring, Winter Intersession) (.docx)
The following documents are referenced throughout the support request process. We encourage you to learn more about the quality standards eCampus follows by reading the Quality Matters Rubric. Please be sure to read the Online Instruction Intellectual Property Agreement to learn about the existing University agreement on the intellectual property of eCampus supported online courses.
eCampus Online Course Support Time line For Summer 2018 Course Delivery
(PLEASE NOTE: For Winter Session 2018 online courses requests, we will follow a more customized
timeline. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details on Winter course support)
|Prior to Submission||
- Review information on Designing and Developing Effective Online Course
|Oct. 9, 2017||- Deadline to Submit eCampus Online Course Support Request and Department Head/Program Director Approval form to email@example.com
|October 20, 2017||- Faculty contacted regarding course support
- Faculty enrolled in fully online 2 week "Exploring Online Learning" short course in preparation for course design and
|October - November, 2017 (Dates TBD)||- Faculty participate in fully online eCampus facilitated 2 week "Exploring Online Learning" short course (Sample Syllabus)|
|November 17, 2017||- Deadline to Submit Signed Online Instruction Intellectual Property Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org
|November through May||- Attend kick off meeting with eCampus staff
- Begin course design with eCampus Instructional Design Staff
- Participate in CETL faculty development opportunities, lunchtime seminars, and online training
- Design, Plan and Build Course
|May 2018||- Course Design and Development Complete
- Internal Quality Matters Review and Faculty Quality Matters Self-Review
- For funded course projects, $5000 payment made to faculty upon successful completion of course design and development, submission by faculty of a completed Quality Matters Self-Review, and eCampus confirmation that all Quality Matters 3 point standards are met.
|May/Summer 2018||- Course Taught|
|July/August 2018||- Course Evaluation and Review
|Fall 2018||- Revise for delivery in future semesters/session|
Faculty who are unable to meet the listed deadlines are encouraged to contact eCampus to discuss other options and opportunities.
Faculty interested in developing courses without the support of eCampus are encouraged to review eCampus' Self-Guided Online Course Design and Development web site.
Please contact eCampus