eCampus Online Course Support Request Process
eCampus supports faculty in the development of high-quality online courses that expand undergraduate learning opportunities. Currently the area of focus is on high-demand, high-enrollment, General Education undergraduate courses. To request eCampus support in design and development of an online course, complete and submit the eCampus Online Course Support Request Form and Department Head/Program Director Approval form to email@example.com
- eCampus Online Course Support Request Form (.docx with embedded forms)
- Department Head/Program Director Approval Form for Summer and Winter Offerings (.docx)
All interested faculty are encouraged to contact eCampus for more information prior to completing these forms. Please refer to the timeline for specific information, dates, and deadlines.
The following documents are referenced throughout the support request process. Please review them prior to submitting support requests.
- Quality Matters™ Rubric Standards (.pdf)
The quality standards eCampus uses as a baseline for online course design and development.
- Online Instruction Intellectual Property Agreement (.pdf)
The most recent language regarding intellectual property and the development of online courses as excerpted from UConn-AAUP's Collective Bargaining Agreement*
- Compensation for the Development of Online Courses (.pdf)
The most recent language related to faculty compensation policy as excerpted from UConn-AAUP's Collective Bargaining Agreement*
(*If you have any questions interpreting the language from the collective bargaining agreement, please contact the UConn-AAUP office)
eCampus Online Course Support Timeline For Summer 2018 Course Delivery
|Prior to Submission||
- Review information on Designing and Developing Effective Online Course
|Oct. 9, 2017||- Deadline to Submit eCampus Online Course Support Request Form and Department Head/Program Director Approval form to firstname.lastname@example.org
|October 20, 2017||- Faculty contacted regarding course support
- Faculty self-enroll in fully online two week "Exploring Online Learning" short course in preparation for course design and
|October - November, 2017 (Dates TBD)||- Faculty participate in fully online eCampus facilitated "Exploring Online Learning" short course (Sample Syllabus)|
|November 17, 2017||- Deadline to Submit Signed Online Instruction Intellectual Property Agreement to email@example.com
|November through May||- Attend kick off meeting with eCampus staff
- Begin course design with eCampus Instructional Design Staff
- Participate in CETL faculty development opportunities, lunchtime seminars, and online training
- Design, Plan and Build Course
|May 2018||- Course Design and Development Complete
- Internal Quality Matters Review and Faculty Quality Matters Self-Review
- For funded course projects, $7500 payment made to faculty upon successful completion of course design and development, submission by faculty of a completed Quality Matters Self-Review, and eCampus confirmation that all Quality Matters 3 point standards are met.
|May/Summer 2018||- Course Taught|
|July/August 2018||- Course Evaluation and Review
|Fall 2018||- Revise for delivery in future semesters/session|
Faculty who are unable to meet the listed deadlines are encouraged to contact eCampus to discuss other options and opportunities.
Faculty interested in developing courses without the support of eCampus are encouraged to review eCampus' Self-Guided Online Course Design and Development web site.
Please contact eCampus