Exploring Flexible Learning (EFL)
Exploring Flexible Learning (EFL) is a two-week hybrid/blended short course that provides faculty an opportunity to experience the hybrid/blended course environment from a student's perspective while working to create their own hybrid/blended or flipped course. Facilitated by UConn’s eCampus staff, the course is offered three times a year in Summer, Fall, and Spring. The course content and activities are designed for faculty who will be planning, developing, and teaching a hybrid/blended course in a subsequent semester.
Please note this course is offered in a hybrid/blended format. In the 2 week session, participants will engage in asynchronous online activity. Additionally, they will attend two required in person sessions. Space in the course is reserved for faculty committed to attending both workshops and completing all online activities.
Between March 29th and April 11th, participants will engage in approximately 4-6 hours of asynchronous online activities per week in HuskyCT.
Participants will attend two required in-person sessions Friday, March 31st from 11:15 am - 1:10 pm and Friday, April 7th from 11:15 am - 1:10 pm.
By completing this course, faculty will be able to:
- Distinguish between hybrid/blended and flipped course delivery.
- Describe the benefits and challenges of flipped and hybrid/blended course delivery.
- Use a course design plan to design a hybrid/blended or flipped course with aligned course components.
- Build a learning module in HuskyCT from a course design plan.
- Identify personnel and resources needed to develop materials for use in a hybrid/blended or flipped courses.
Another major goal of this course is for faculty to participate in an online learning community and experience learning as a student would in a hybrid/blended environment.
EFL is a non-credit course. Participants will receive a certificate upon completion of all assignments.
Registration is currently closed. Please contact eCampus if you have any question.
EFL will be offered 3-4 times a year based on demand. Next offering TBD.
Please contact eCampus